Mung Bean SoupFrom mia 10 years ago
- 1.5 cups dried mung (monggo) beans, rinsed shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup pork belly, sliced into 1/2" x 1/2" x 1" pieces shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp. dried shrimp shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp. shrimp paste (bagoong) shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. fish sauce (patis) shopping list
- 1 cup greens (chili leaves, or ampalaya leaves) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans in a saucepan, cover with water, and boil until soft.
- Remove from heat and leave for about 1-1.5 hours until beans have taken the water in and expanded
- In a separate pan, fry the pork until browned and a bit crisp. Set aside and keep any oil that remains in the pan.
- Add garlic -- when light brown, add onions until transparent, and then tomatoes and when wilted, add shrimp paste.
- Add boiled mung beans (including water).
- Bring to boil and keep at boil for 15-20min.
- Season with salt or fish sauce.
- Add leaves and fried pork, simmer for 5min.
- Serve hot.
The Cookmia San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!