Delicious Cole Slaw With Roquefort Blue Cheese DressingFrom rosemaryblue 9 years ago
- 1/2 small head green cabbage (I use a little more)* shopping list
- 1/2 small head red cabbage (I use a little more)* shopping list
- 2 cups (16 ounces) good mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon celery salt ( I use 3/4 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled Roquefort blue cheese shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- *NOTE: Ina's recipe calls for julienned carrots, and I omit these, but if you add them, don't use "a little more green and red cabbage" shopping list
How to make it
- Cut cabbages in half , then in quarters, cut out cores.
- Set up food processor with slicing blade (according to manufacturer's instructions) (have used the medium slicer, and also have sliced by hand)
- Place pieces of cabbage, one at a time, lying horizontally in the feed tube. (If they don't fit, cut them to fit lying down.)
- Place feed tube pusher on top and turn on processor.
- Don't push on feed tube pusher or slices will turn out too thick
- Continue with remaining red and green cabbage quarters.
- Transfer into large bowl, discarding any very large pieces.
- In medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, both mustards, vinegar, celery salt, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Pour enough mayonnaise dressing over cabbage mixture, toss to moisten well.
- Add crumbled blue cheese and parsley, toss together.
- Cover bowl, refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.