Corn Bread Southern StyleFrom jeowen8 8 years ago
How to make it
- Spray an 8x8 or 4x12 baking pan with Pam Spray.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sugar, salt, shortening and vanilla and mix for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat for another 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed,
- Sift flour, baking powder and cornmeal.
- Add about half the flour mixture and half of the milk and continue to beat.
- Add remaining flour mixture and milk and beat until smooth.
- Place mixture in pan and put in center of oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
The Cookjeowen8 Savannah, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!