Peppered Herb Cheese LogFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives shopping list
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 ounces goat cheese shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- Assorted crackers shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow dish combine 1 tablespoon of the chives, 1 tablespoon of the basil, and the parsley; set aside. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and goat cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons chives, remaining 2 tablespoons basil, the pepper, and garlic. Roll into a log shape.
- Roll log in herb mixture. Wrap and chill cheese ball for 4 to 24 hours.
- Makes twelve 2-tablespoon servings
- Dried Beef Cheese Ball: Prepare as above, except omit basil and parsley. Beat 2 ounces chopped dried beef, 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, and 1 teaspoon caraway seeds into cheese mixture. Serve with crisp rye crackers or party rye bread.
- Italian Cheese Ball: Prepare as above, except substitute fontina cheese for the goat cheese and beat 2 ounces hard salami and 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red sweet pepper into the cheese mixture. Serve with water crackers or baguette slices.