Sneaky Pizza amp Pasta SauceFrom kemo 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 28-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid shopping list
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 4-oz. jar Beech-Nut® Tender Golden sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 4-oz. jar Beech-Nut® Tender Sweet carrots shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Place oil in deep saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic until translucent but not brown, stirring occasionally. Mix in tomatoes, tomato paste, carrots, sweet potatoes and salt, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce thickens. Let cool a bit, then transfer sauce to blender and puree in batches, or use handheld blender inserted directly in the pot to puree sauce.
- Stir in salt and a few grinds of pepper to taste. Useimmediately or store covered in fridge for up to one week. Freeze for up to six months.
The Cookkemo Bloomington
- Not added to any groups yet!