Turkey TonnatoFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 cup of best quality mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup of canned tuna, drained well and flaked (imported if possible) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of tiny capers, drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 flat anchovy fillets, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon rind shopping list
- several grinds of black pepper shopping list
- ****** shopping list
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 fairly large turkey cutlets 1/2 inch thick/pounded to 1/4 inch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of tiny capers drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon rind shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the tuna, capers, anchovies, lemon juice, lots of black pepper and oil in the food processor.
- Process until smooth about a minute.
- Mix well with the mayonnaise and refrigerate for 3 hours for the flavors to meld.
- Taste and adjust for salt.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and more pepper and pour over the turkey cutlets in a glass baking dish,
- Stir to coat. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove from marinade.
- Heat a large 10 inch skillet and add a drizzle of olive oil and sear the turkey cutlets in batches about 2 or 3 minute per side, until done.
- Don't crowd.
- Remove to platter and top with sauce, sprinkle with parsley, caper and lemon rind. Serve with a tomato panzanella and a crisp white wine.