Peanut Butter Butternut SoupFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 cups of frozen butternut squash, thawed shopping list
- 2 cups of cooked roasted peeled sweet potatoes, mashed shopping list
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 6 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup of olive oil shopping list
- one handful of of chives shopping list
- one handful of fresh basil, stemmed shopping list
- big crunchy pumpernickel croutons homemade seasoned with salt and toasted in butter shopping list
How to make it
- Bake the sweet potatoes for one hour at 400 degrees.
- Cool, peel and mash.
- Heat butter in bottom of heavy sauce pan.
- Add squash, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, stir well.
- Add stock, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over very low heat about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile blend the chives and basil with oil in blender, add enough oil to make it drizzle consistency but not runny, add a tsp of salt to the oil and whiz to keep it blended.
- Serve soup with crouton and top with a swirl of green oil.