Baked Spaghetti Squash With Italian SausageFrom pinay905 7 years ago
- 1 spaghetti squash shopping list
- 1 lb. ground spicy italian sausage shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 package of sliced mushrooms (can substitute 1 can of sliced mushrooms, drained) shopping list
- 1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup of mozerella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut Spaghetti Sqaush in half length wise and spoon out the seeds.
- Place the halves on a cookie sheet with the inside part facing down and put in oven for 25 minutes.
- While Squash is in the oven chop the onion and the pepper.
- In a skillet brown the italian sausage on med-high heat.
- Add onions and green pepper. Allow to cook for a couple minutes then add mushrooms.
- Pour in about 1/3 cup of the spaghetti sauce and allow to simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pull out the spaghetti squash and allow to cool down for 5 to 7 minutes. DO NOT turn off the oven.
- Take a fork and scrape the spaghetti squash into a large mixing bowl. The squash will start to look like spaghetti noodles.
- Once complete, add the italian sausage mixture to squash and mix together. Add the rest of the sauce and a half cup of the cheese to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into a medium to large sized glass baking dish.
- Put into oven uncovered for about 15 minutues.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookpinay905 Lake Mary, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!