Texas Truck Chop ChiliFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 pound trimmed beef brisket shopping list
- 1/4 pound bacon diced shopping list
- 1 pound white onions chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 large cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 can beef broth shopping list
- 28 ounce can plum tomatoes in puree shopping list
- 2 canned chipotle peppers shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a Dutch ovenover medium heat cook bacon until crisp then remove and reserve.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon drippings and reserve.
- Over high heat saute beef in batches adding drippings as needed then remove to bowl.
- Over medium heat saute onions in any remaining drippings until well browned.
- Meanwhile heat skillet over medium heat then add cumin and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chili powder, paprika, oregano, pepper, salt, thyme, and cinnamon.
- Stir seasoning and garlic into onions and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in bacon, broth, tomatoes, chilies and beef breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
- Heat chili to boiling then reduce heat.
- Cover partially and simmer gently for 3 hours.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!