Homemade Apple SauceFrom way2nrml 6 years ago
How to make it
- Once you have all the apples peeled, quartered and cored, place them in a Dutch oven or other pot large enough to fit, but no more than 6 inches deep.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 C. water, just to keep the apples from scorching.
- Cover and heat on high until you can hear it start to bubble.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, still covered, stirring occasionally. Apples should be very tender.
- Mash with a potato masher, or if you like yours smooth, put in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add cinnamon and sugar while still hot to insure a good consistency, mix. well.
- Note: I don't like sugar in my apple sauce, so this recipe is great if you don't add any. Or if your house is divided like mine, separate the non-sugar from the rest before mixing in.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- way2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!