Cherry ClafoutisFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to moderate, 325F
- Brush a glass/ceramic shallow pie plate with melted butter to grease.
- Spread pitted cherries on the pie plate in a single layer.
- If using canned cherries, ensure that you drain them thoroughly with a sieve before spreading in the plate. Otherwise they will leak into the batter.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs lightly then add the milk and butter. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the sugar then make a well in the centre.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the well, whisking until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the batter over the cherries and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- The batter should have risen and be a golden colour.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before dusting with icing sugar.
- Serve with ice-cream!
- Serves 6
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!