Plantain Crusted Pork Chops with sauceFrom loring 9 years ago
- Chops: shopping list
- 4 bonless top loin pork chops (1 1/2 lbs) shopping list
- 2 cups plantain chips shopping list
- 6 Cuban (or saltine) crackers shopping list
- large zip-top bag shopping list
- 1 egg (or 1/4 C egg sub) shopping list
- 1 tsp Complete seasoning (I used my own blend because Complete has msg) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peach preserves shopping list
- 1 Tbsp green pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Place plantain chips and crackers in large zip-top bag. Crush with meat mallet (or rolling pin).
- Beat egg lightly in shallow bowl until blended.
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoning and flour (wash hands).
- Preheat large saute' pan on medium 2-3 minutes.
- Coat pork chops by dipping in egg; remove, let excess drip off, and add to zip-top bag (wash hands). Seal bag tightly and shake (or press with fingertips) to evenly coat chops.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork chops (wash hands); cook 6-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160F (for medium).
- While pork chops cook, prepare sauce by combining remaining ingredients in small bowl until blended and smooth. Serve over chops or use as a dipping sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- loring Zephyrhills, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookloring Zephyrhills, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!