Simple Jamaican Rice And PeasFrom sola 7 years ago
- 2- 15 OZ cans red kidney beans shopping list
- 1 13 OZ can coconut milk shopping list
- 2 cups long grain rice shopping list
- 1 small onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 Tblsp oil shopping list
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper,(ie)habenero shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Drain liquid from can of beans into a measuring cup and add the can of coconut milk and enough water to make 4 cups of liquid.
- place liquids in pot with beans,onions,garlic,thyme and oil,bring to a boil.Add rice and stir for one minute.Reduce heat to med-low.Place scotch bonnet on top of liquid and cover tightly for 30 minutes or until rice tender.Remove scotch bonnet before serving.