Whole Wheat Vegan English muffinsFrom erinlou 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine yeast, 1/2 C of warm water, and 1/2 T honey- let sit until foamy
- Add the rest of the water and honey
- Add flour, wheat gluten, and salt 1/2 C at a time until the dough doesn't stick to the side of the bowl
- Roll out onto flour surfaced. Knead for six minutes.
- Put in oiled bowl, cover, and let rise for about one hour
- Take dough and divide into 12 pieces.
- Preheat skillet to med-low heat
- Roll into balls and let sit for 30 minutes
- Pat down balls into English muffin form and let sit until skillet gets hot
- Cook English muffins for five minutes on each side, and then three minutes-or until brown
- Let sit, cut in half, spread jelly, and enjoy!
The Cookerinlou Galesburg, IL
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!