Potato Tomato Artichoke PizzaFrom pingusan 7 years ago
- pizza dough (recipe will follow)
- 2 cups of unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 package of dry yeast shopping list
- 1 cup of warm water shopping list
- 2/3 tsp of sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 T of olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup of quick white sauce (recipe will follow)
- 2 T of unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2-2/3 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/3-1/2 cup of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp of oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small jar of artichokes shopping list
- 3 potatoes, diced and boiled to fork tender shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, slivered shopping list
- 6 oz. of Fresh Mozzarella shopping list
How to make it
- NB: Dough takes approximately one hour to "proof" (double in size) However, if your kitchen is really warm (i.e. small, like mine), then it will probably take less time. I did this last night and the dough was ready at about 35 minutes.
- Mix sugar, yeast package, and 1/3 cup of warm water together in a small bowl until yeast is entirely dissolved.
- Let stand for about 10-15 minutes until bubbles form on the top.
- Mix flour together (a cup at a time) with the rest of the water, salt, and yeast mixture
- Dough should be firm and elastic.
- Knead. (more flour can be added here to achieve the desired consistency if necessary.)
- Place in bowl with olive oil. Coat dough ball with the 1 T of olive oil
- Let stand in a covered bowl in a warm dry place for approximately an hour - give or take.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, it is ready to be tossed for pizza!
- Whisk together the butter, cream and milk, adding flour until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Add chopped garlic and herbs. Salt to taste.
- Top pizza with sauce. Do not sauce to the edge of the dough, or there will not be a crust. Leave about 1-2 inches from the edge un-sauced.
- Add potatoes
- Add tomatoes
- Spread cheese over the top. There will be gaps between the slices of mozzarella. This is okay. It will expand and melt to cover the entirety of the pizza.
- Top with artichokes and garlic slivers.
- Sprinkle the top with two pinches of sea-salt.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake in oven on 500 F for 15 minutes. When Cheese starts to turn golden, it's mangia time!
- I forgot to take a picture last night. I hope to submit one soon!
The Cookpingusan Cedar Rapids, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!