Puffed Sweet riceFrom etchel 8 years ago
- 2-3 - cups cooking oil shopping list
- 2 - cups cooked rice, dried under the sun shopping list
- 1 - cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 - cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 - cup butter shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep frying pan, heat cooking oil. cook sun-dried rice in oil until the grains puff. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combined sugar, salt, dark corn syrup, and vinegar. bring to a boil until it reaches the hard stage (candy thermometer reaches 300F)
- Remove from heat. Add buttter and vanilla extract. Let butter stand until it melts. Do not stir.
- Pour syrup over puffed rice. Mix well with wooden spoon to coat puffed rice evenly with syrup.
- Transfer rice mixture to a greased pan. Let cool slightly. Grease hands with butter to prevent sticking. Shape rice mixture into bars or into balls.