Steak Stuffed Chicken in pastry jacketsFrom codmother 8 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 Thin pieces steak (frying steak is fine but must be thin) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 6 Large mushrooms shopping list
- 1 onion finely sliced shopping list
- 1 pack puff pastry shopping list
- egg for glazing shopping list
- (garlic soft cheese) optional shopping list
- mustard (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bat out the chicken breasts with a rolling pin till quite flat.
- Make a "pocket" in each breast but don't cut right through.
- Cook off steak in a pan with a little oil till sealed.
- Place a piece of steak inside each breast.
- Cook onions and mushroom together with garlic in a pan till soft and then place on top of steak.
- You can now add garlic soft cheese (a slice on top of steak) You can also add mustard to the mix if you like.
- Roll chicken breasts up to form a sausage shape.
- Wrap in pastry and glaze with egg.
- Bake in the oven at GM 5 for 45 mins or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with fresh veg and roast potatoes.
The Cookcodmother PORTSMOUTH, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!