TACO STUFFED BELL PEPPER CUPSFrom ping 7 years ago
- 2 med green peppers shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground beef or lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 T chopped shopping list
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 T taco seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 C sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 C chopped tomato shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cook in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 2) Place pepper halves in an ungreased 8" square baking dish. Fill with meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until peppers are tender. Top with sour cream, cheese and tomato.
- Nutritional Analysis: 1 stuffed pepper half (prepared with ground turkey, fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 261 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat) 52 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetables, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
The Cookping Olympia, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!