Donut Bread PuddingFrom loring 7 years ago
- 16 unglazed cake donuts (day old is best), broken up. shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter (4 Tbsp) shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar (1/2 lb) shopping list
- dark rum (or cola and extract, see alteration) shopping list
How to make it
- Put broken donuts into buttered 13x9x2 baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla, just until completely incorporated.
- Add eggs and mix, then add cream, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour egg mix over bread, make sure all bread is covered and soaking up the liquid.
- Soak for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 minutes to crisp it up.
- Melt butter, add pdrd sugar and mix. Add rum (or cola and extract) to taste and consistency. Should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Drizzle over pudding, and let it soak in.