Stuffed Meat LoafFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 small onion minced shopping list
- 1 TB olive oil shopping list
- 8 ozs each ground pork, veal and beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Locatelli or Parmesan shopping list
- 1 large egg lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 TB minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- , 2-3 lg slices salami (or more to taste) shopping list
- 3-5 hard-cooked eggs halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2-3 lg slices provolone (or more to taste) shopping list
- 2-3 slices ham (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup diluted with 1/4 cup water shopping list
- bread crumbs to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, soak the bread crumbs in the milk until softened. In a small skillet set over moderate heat, cook the onion in the oil, stirring, until softened.
- Transfer to the bowl. Add the meat, grated cheese, egg, tomato sauce, parsley, and salt and pepper, and gently mix to combine.
- In an oiled baking dish, arrange half the meat, patting it down into a flattened loaf shape (a 6" x 9" rectangle worked well in a pizza pan). Arrange enough of the salami over the meat to cover it completely, add a row of egg halves down the center (or vary positions to your decorative taste) and cover with a layer of the provolone and ham, pressing around eggs gently to fit closely.
- Top with the remaining ground meat, forming the mixture into a loaf. (Seal the sides of the meatloaf together so that the cheese does not leak out.) Pour the ketchup mixture over the loaf and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 1 hour, covered with foil. Remove the cover and bake for 30 minutes more. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!