Steamed Mussels with Aromatic VegetablesFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced sweet onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced fennel bulb shopping list
- 1 large carrot minced shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 small shallot minced shopping list
- 4 cups very fresh mussels scrubbed shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups dry white vermouth shopping list
How to make it
- In large kettle or deep saute pan melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, fennel and carrot then cook until onion and fennel are translucent.
- Add shallot and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add parsley, bay leaf and mussels then stir to incorporate.
- Add wine and stir again.
- Cover pan tightly and raise the heat to high.
- Let mussels steam for four minutes.
- Uncover the pan and discard any mussels that haven't opened.
- Divide mussels between four warmed serving bowls and pour some of the poaching liqueur over each.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!