Roast Chicken Chrysanthemum SoupFrom missamberlee 9 years ago
- 1/2 c dried chrysanthemum flowers (I got mine at a Chinese herb shop for tea) shopping list
- 3 heads star anise shopping list
- 2 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 tbs teryaki sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar or mirin shopping list
- 3 inch chunk of fresh ginger ~ chopped fine shopping list
- 3-4 cloves of garlic ~ chopped fine shopping list
- 1 or 2 small jalepeno peppers ~ cut into thin rounds shopping list
- 1 yellow onion (shallots might be better) ~ sliced very thin shopping list
- 1 head bok choy (just use the leaves) ~ cut into 1/2" strips shopping list
- 1 c frozen spinach ~ chopped shopping list
- 1 pack Mai Fun noodles or other thin rice noodles shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 1 c chicken or turkey stock (I used both because I cant tell what is what in my shopping list
- freezer;) shopping list
- 2 c chopped or shredded roast chicken (leftover is perfect) shopping list
How to make it
- in a saucepan with the veggie oil heat your anise on medium low for 2 or 3 minutes (keep your eye on it, it can burn fast)
- add water and 1 cup of the stock
- to that add the ginger and flower buds.
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Strain the ginger, anise and flower petals, return flavored stock to the pot and add the rest of the stock.
- add teryiaki, vinegar and one glove of raw garlic
- in a separate saucepan, carmelise the onion with the other 2 cloves of garlic, when it is translucent and turning brown, throw that in.
- add meat and greens and pepper.
- simmer for 45 min
- add noodles and cook until they are soft