Prime Rib With Fresh Herb RubFrom susandm 8 years ago
- 8 lbs. Prime Rib shopping list
- 1 T. chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 T. fresh basil shopping list
- 2 T. fresh oregano shopping list
- 2 T. fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 T. fresh rosemary shopping list
- 4 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 T. Lawry's seasoning salt shopping list
- 1 T. black pepper shopping list
- Au jus...homemade or follow package directions shopping list
How to make it
- The day before serving.
- Chop and combine garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and rosemary into a food processor or blender then add olive oil, lawry's seasoning salt and black pepper blend until smooth.
- Rub over entire Prim Rib, wrap and keep refrigerated overnite.
- Serving Day
- Set oven to 500*
- Make homemade au jus or follow package directions, then inject the Prime Rib with about 1/3 to 1/2 C. of the au jus.
- Set in preheated oven.
- I did this recipe for an 8 pound roast, so the actual cooking time is 40 minutes, turn the oven off after the 40 minutes and let stand 2 hours in the oven. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- You will have a Prime Rib cooked to Perfection :)
- Method for roasting time, Multiply the weight of the roast x 5 (example) 10 lb. roast would be 50 minutes cooking time in a 500* oven, then let stand in closed oven for 2 hours.
- This cooking method is not suitable for roast under 6 lbs,
The Cooksusandm Roseburg, OR
The Rating2 people
Did this exact herb rub and cooking time, it turned out so delicious! My husband said forget going to a restaurant for this.. and my son was in heaven!!sports_mom in loved it
Great recipe. I used the same method for my Christmas roast 16 lbs at 5 minutes a lb. 5 1/2 for medium.cookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!