Curried Split Pea SoupFrom wendio 8 years ago
- 16 oz dried split peas shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, diced small shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 1 carrot to grate in at the end (optional) shopping list
- spice blend consists of::: shopping list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- generous pinch cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onions in the olive oil at medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and spices. Saute 2 more minutes.
- Add the water and stir well. Add the splitpeas. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Bring heat back down to medium, let soup simmer for about an hour, until peas are tender. Grate in the carrot and serve. You can garnish with fresh cilantro if you have it on hand.
The Cookwendio Leander, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!