Lemon - Rosemary Chicken SoupFrom emiperkins 8 years ago
- 1 whole chicken shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh rosemary, Chopped shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 Cups carrots, Shredded shopping list
- 2 Cups celery, Sliced shopping list
- 1 Cup artichoke hearts, Chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup red onion, Diced shopping list
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to Taste shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté carrots, celery, red onion, and 2 tablespoons of the rosemary over medium heat in a large stock pot for roughly 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pot and fill with enough water to cover. Turn the burner to high heat and boil til chicken is cooked through, roughly 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, zest and juice the lemon. Mix the zest with the lemon juice and set aside.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove chicken from pan, take meat from bones and return meat to stock pot.
- 10 Minutes before serving, add remaining rosemary, lemon juice and zest, and artichoke hearts to soup.
The Cookemiperkins Wabash, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!