Durkees Original Green Bean CasseroleFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 1 16-oz pkg frozen cut green beans shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 10- oz can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 3-oz can Durkee's French fried onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Parboil uncooked green beans for about 7 minutes, then plunge into cold water to cool off. Drain and reserve the beans.
- Divide the fried onions into two portions and set aside.
- Blend the milk and soup to a smooth consistency before adding to the other ingredients.
- Toss together the beans, half the fried onions, and the sliced mushrooms and put into a 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Add the salt and pepper and pour the soup-milk over the ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 30-45 minutes or until the beans are done.
- About five minutes before the casserole is finished baking, dot with bits of butter and sprinkle the other half of the fried onions over the top.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!