Artichoke Heart RisottoFrom thesagechef 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock, swansons preferred shopping list
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, garlic, and artichoke hearts.
- Continue to saute' for 2 - 3 minutes more.
- Add rosemary, parsley, and rice. Stir to mix all ingredients.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the stock to a boil.
- Slowly add, a ladleful at a time, to the rice mixture, stirring constantly and making sure all the liquid is absorbed before adding more.
- Continue this process until all of the broth has been added and the rice mixture is cooked through.
- Add the olives, and salt and pepper, to taste and serve.
The Cookthesagechef Daytona Beach, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!