Good Baked Tuna RollFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1 can tuna drained and flaked shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoon parsley chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup pickle relish shopping list
- Cheese Sauce: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Resift flour with baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or two knives.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and egg then mix just enough to combine ingredients.
- Knead dough a few times on a floured board and roll out in rectangle about 1/4" thick.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine tuna, parsley, onion, remaining milk and salt.
- Add pickle relish mixing well.
- Spread mixture on dough and roll up as for jelly roll.
- Place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 40 minutes.
- Slice tuna roll and serve hot with cheese sauce.
- To prepare cheese sauce melt butter in small saucepan.
- Blend in flour and cook for 1 minute then remove from heat and add milk.
- Return to low heat and stir until smooth and thick.
- Add cheese stirring until melted.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!