Chicken and dumplingsFrom reginnia0221 8 years ago
- 2 lbs chicken (cooked and deboned) shopping list
- 4-6 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 small package flour tortillas shopping list
- salt and pepper to individual taste shopping list
- If wanting homemade dumplings for this recipe: shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. shortening/ lard shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- enough warm water to form a ball with dough shopping list
How to make it
- Boil and debone chicken. (I like to keep the chicken broth after boiling)
- Add cream of chicken to the chicken stock and boil.
- Cut flour tortillas in long strips.
- Add the flour tortillas to the chicken stock.
- Dunk the tortilla strips using a fork. (Do not stir this recipe)
- Add chicken back to the broth and boil until the tortilla strips are nice and tender.
The Cookreginnia0221 Jacksonville, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!