Wild Rice Turkey DinnerFrom bsar 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice shopping list
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each) shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the rice, squash, onion and turkey.
- Add broth
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove turkey
- cut into slices.
- Stir cranberries into rice mixture
- serve with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with turkey.