Basic RisottoFrom mrslights 8 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- ½ cup white wine shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- pinch of saffron shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil for 1 minute on med-high, then add onions. Saute until soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and toast for 2 minutes. Add the white wine and stir until creamy and almost all absorbed. At the same time, heat the stock and add the saffron to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and saffron to the rice, a half cup at a time. After each addition, stir until the rice absorbs most of the liquid, then add the next half cup of liquid.
- To finish, stir in the butter and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
- Note: the ideal texture for risotto is al dente. If you like softer rice, you may want to add more liquid by the ¼ cup.