Mushrooms and Onions in Sour CreamFrom nlo209 7 years ago
- 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- Grated Cheddar or swiss cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly colored. Stir in the mushrooms, cover the pan and cook, over moderate heat for about 7 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice, salt and a few grindings of pepper; simmer, stirring, until the cream is heated through. Don't let it boil.
- Taste for seasoning and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve as a side dish or as a snack over toast sprinkled with some cheese.