Cheese and Apple Fruit Bread BakeFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- a couple of pinches of ground cinnamon or nutmeg shopping list
- 4 thick slices fruit bread - cranberry nut or raisin bread shopping list
- 1 crisp apple - such as Cox, Pink Lady or Braeburn shopping list
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar farmstyle cheese, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil.
- Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla extract together in a shallow bowl.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Dip the slices of fruit bread into the egg mixture, allowing it to soak in for a few seconds, then transfer the slices to the prepared baking sheet.
- Core and thinly slice the apple and arrange the slices on top of the bread, then finish off with the sliced Wensleydale cheese. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Baked in the oven for about 4 - 5 minutes until golden, then serve, drizzled with 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup per slice.