30 Second SquidFrom meek 7 years ago
How to make it
- The most important thing in this recipe is that every thing is as fresh as you can get it, if the squid has been pre cooked or frozen don't even attempt this dish!!!!
- Get you plate ready with the handful of clean, dry, room temp rocket.
- Get out your squid over a sink of clean clod water. Grab the tentacles and pull them away from the main tube. On a chopping board, cut away the head gizzards. You can use the tentacles but be careful not to burst the ink pod.
- Grab the wing and pull it away from the tube, this should start to separate the skin from the flesh, continue until you have a clean white flesh squid tube.
- Feel around in the tube until you feel a long hard spine. Pull in out this is calling the beak. Then run threw clean water and slice the tube into 1cm rings. You have clean squid ready to cook.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, as this will also add to the dressing be generous but not silly. When the oil in smoking hot add the garlic and squid. Keep it moving at all times, for at the most 30 seconds, or until the flesh goes milky.
- Remove from the pan, pour over the rocket leaves. Squeeze lemon over the top and cracked pepper to taste.