1 Dish Lemon Thyme ChickenFrom meek 8 years ago
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into 2 cm slices, pre boil them just a little to add roasting. Then layer them across the bottom of an oiled baking tray.
- Cut the red onion in to eight wedges each, peel all of the garlic bulbs, zest the lemons then cut 3 into wedges and juice one.
- Crush 3 or 4 of the bulbs and add all the onion a full cloves of garlic, lemon zest/juice/wedges into a bowl. (I often use the same one I pre cooking the veg in to same on washing up.) Add thyme stalks removed, chicken legs 1/2 cup on olive oil and green olives mix together.
- Pour the mix gently over the potatoes and carrots, cover in Al foil.
- Put in the oven for half an hour, then remove the foil and cook for a further hour.
- This is best served with green beans, once all the chicken and veg are removed, you can use the roasted garlic cloves, lemon flesh and some of the olives to make gravy. Just deglaze the roasting pan with little white wine and chicken stock mash larger chunks up for flavour then thicken with butter flour.
The Cookmeek Melbourne, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!