The Best Mashed Sweet PotatoesFrom cerim 8 years ago
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (3 pounds), scrubbed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup low fat milk shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup sun-dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Roast sweet potatoes on a baking sheet for 1-1/2 hours
- Turn the sweet potatoes once to ensure even cooking
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the milk, but do not boil
- Add the cranberries, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and black pepper to taste
- Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, remove from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the skin
- Pass the sweet potatoes through a food mill or mash in a bowl with heavy-duty wire whip.
- In a bowl, combine the milk mixture with the sweet potatoes and mix with a large spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the maple syrup and serve warm.
The Cookcerim Mountain View, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!