Corned Beef and Cabbage With Horseradish SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 5 pound corned beef brisket shopping list
- 1 large onion stuck with 6 whole cloves shopping list
- 6 large carrots peeled and halved shopping list
- 8 medium potatoes washed and quartered shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 small bunch parsley shopping list
- 2 pound cabbage quartered shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 pint whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 tablespoon prepared horseradish shopping list
How to make it
- Put beef in a large pot and cover with cold water then bring to boil with lid off.
- Add thyme, parsley and onion then turn to simmer and cook 3 hours.
- Skim fat from top as it rises.
- Add cabbage, potatoes and carrots then simmer 30 minutes until cabbage is cooked.
- Remove meat and cut into pieces then place on center of a large platter.
- Strain cabbage and season heavily with black pepper.
- Surround beef with cabbage, carrots and potatoes.
- Serve with horseradish sauce.
- To make sauce whip cream until it stands in peaks the fold in mayonnaise and horseradish.