Chocolate Orange Guiness CakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 stick butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups self rising flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 rounded tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- Grated rind of 1 orange shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup Guinness stout shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 stick butter softened shopping list
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- Grated rind and juice of 1 large orange shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease two cake pans.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa into a bowl.
- Add orange rind to the creamed butter.
- Beat in eggs one at a time including a spoonful of the measured flour mixture with each one.
- Beat well between additions.
- Gently mix in Guinness and flour 1 tablespoonful at a time.
- Gently fold in any remaining flour then blend thoroughly without over beating.
- Divide mixture between cake pans then smooth down and put cakes in center of preheated oven.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake 40 minutes then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- To make icing cream softened butter and confectioner's sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Blend in grated orange rind and enough juice to make an icing that is soft enough to spread.
- When cakes are cold use half the icing to sandwich them together and spread rest on top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!