Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom lindzrobarge 6 years ago
- 1 Pound of Hambuger Meat shopping list
- 1/2 Cup of white onions shopping list
- 4 Green Yummy bell peppers shopping list
- 2 Cans of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 Can of tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Bag of instant rice (white rice works best) shopping list
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) shopping list
- jalapenos (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut out center of bell pepper around the steam make the whole large enough to get a table spoon through the top.
- Place them in a large pan and boil until soft.
- Boil your rice.
- Brown hamburger meat with onions, drain when finished.
- Boil a couple of Jalapenos if your going to add them
- Combine your cooked rice with hamburger meat add tomato sauce and tabasco if your going to put sliced cooked jalapenos now is the time to add them.
- Stuff your bell peppers ( be extremly careful the bell peppers will fall apart) with your rice mixture and place in a cake pan gathered in the center (2x2)
- Cover Opening of Bell Pepper with some tomato paste (frost it kind of like a cake)
- Place all leftover rice mixture around the sides of bell peppers like a blanket
- Stick in oven on 350 for about 10 minutes and let the flavors absorb into eachother
- Idea: In most of my recipes my husband has Gout so I a lot of times I use ground Turkey it's not as moist but it's a healthy twist.
The Cooklindzrobarge El Paso, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!