Pineapple Coconut SorbetFrom hottamale 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Strain into a large bowl.
- Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended.
- Whisk in lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
- Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve in chilled dishes.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION:
- Per serving:
- 157 calories
- 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono)
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 38 g carbohydrate
- 1 g protein
- 3 g fiber
- 6 mg sodium.
- Nutrition bonus:
- 72 mg Vitamin C (120% dv).
The Cookhottamale Canton, OH
The Rating3 people
This sounds good too. I`d like to hhave a go at this
magpieno6 in Fleetwood, Fylde. G.B. loved it
Really very good. All our favorite flavors in a single dish. One of the few to make me pull out the ice cream freezer. Thanks.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sounds tasty!! ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it