Chicken Enchilada CasseroleFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 package flour tortillas cut into wide strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 8 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoon margarine shopping list
- 6 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 16 ounces sour cream shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cans chopped green chilies shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheese shopping list
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup chopped olives shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 large tomato chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray rectangular pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put one layer of tortilla strips in the bottom.
- In a skillet melt margarine then add garlic, coriander and pepper.
- Cook until onion is soft.
- Stir flour into sour cream and add to onion mixture.
- Stir in broth and chilies all at once.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- In your pan make layers on top of the tortilla layer.
- Start with sauce, then chicken, then tortillas ending with sauce on top.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Add remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Top with olives, tomatoes and green onions.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!