Vegan Stuffed ShellsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes shopping list
- ½ tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp dry basil shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 12.3 oz low-fat silken tofu (1 Mori-Nu package) shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- ½ tsp onion powder shopping list
- ½ tsp dried oregano shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry shopping list
- 16 cooked jumbo pasta shells shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil and paprika.
- Spread a thin layer over the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, blend tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, basil, onion powder, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic until mostly smooth. Pour into another bowl.
- Stir in spinach until well combined.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons filling into each pasta shell.
- Arrange stuffed shells in prepared dish; spread with remaining tomato sauce. Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.