Southwest FajitasFrom jfox 10 years ago
- 1 (23.5 ounce) package flour tortillas (burrito-style) shopping list
- 1 packet of Southwest marinade (1.25 ounce) shopping list
- 1 onion (cut into thin strips) shopping list
- 1 bell pepper (cut into thin strips) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds of flank steak shopping list
- 2 tspns water shopping list
- 1 juiced lime shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil shopping list
- (optional) shredded cheese shopping list
- (optional) salsa shopping list
- (optional) sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a self-closing plastic bag combine the Southwest Marinade, water, oil, and lime juice. Pierce the steak with a fork. Add strips of onion, steak and pepper to the marinade, then close bag. Flip the bag to coat the vegetables and meat. Refrigerate approximately 30 minutes or longer for desired extra flavor.
- Next remove meat from the marinade. Broil or grill to your desired doneness. Remove vegetables from your marinade; then place them in a grill pan or heated skillet. Over medium-high heat, saute vegetables until they are tender. (Discard of any extra marinade ).
- Thinly slice meat. In warm tortillas serve with vegetables; if desired garnish with shredded cheese, salsa or sour cream. Enjoy!