Chicken Bean amp Bacon SoupFrom cyates798 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Jalepeno pepper, minced (use more for spicier flavor) shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced shopping list
- 2 cans (14 oz.) great northern beans, drained & rinsed shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup Cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black or Course ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, uncooked shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and celery on medium heat for about 5 minutes (don't brown).
- Add jalepeno and continue to stir another 5 minutes.
- Then add chicken, stir to combine. Cook another 5 minutes
- Add beans, broth and bring to a boil. Add cream and return to a boil, boiling about 5 minutes.
- Mix water and cornstarch together and add to soup, also add cumin, pepper, salt and uncooked bacon. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn down heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve hot with diced tomatoes on top, flat bread and fresh cooked green beans.
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!