Gluten Free Chocolate spice cookiesFrom elsepeth27 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, soft but not liquified (or butter) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp potato starch + 1-1/2 Tbsp liquid (or 1 egg, or other egg replacer) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/3-1/2 cup cocoa + 2 Tbsp water + 2 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup gluten free flour blend shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the sugars and the coconut oil.
- Beat in potato starch mixture and vanilla.
- Beat in cocoa mixture.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients, mix into wet mixture. Batter will be sticky and glossy.
- Form into balls and place 2-3 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet. If you want flatter cookies, you must squish them a little; with the exact recipe, they won't spread hardly at all. I didn't squish them so I had ball cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on size. Check after ten minutes, remove from oven when start to brown on edges by pan.
- After cool, top with frosting, melted chocolate, or this fudgey-dark chocolate "glaze" that I made:
- For really dark chocolate glaze: In double boiler, dissolve 3 Tbsp sugar in enough oil to wet it, do not over-wet. add one square baker's chocolate, dissolve. You may have to stir over low heat for quite some time to melt the sugar completely. If it's not smooth enough, or looks too thick to spread, add a little rice milk, water, or coffee. I left the sugar partially granulated for a stunningly dark chocolate topping that got sweeter after a couple of chews.
The Cookelsepeth27 Forestville, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!