Caramel Custard CakeFrom liezel 8 years ago
- 4 extra big eggs, seperated shopping list
- 50 ml cold water (4 tablespoons) shopping list
- 250 ml sugar (1 cup) shopping list
- 250 ml cake flour (1 cup) shopping list
- 25 ml corn starch (2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 2,5 ml baking powder (1/2 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 ml salt (1/4 teaspoon) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 130 ml butter or margarine (1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon) shopping list
- 250 ml castor sugar (1 cup) shopping list
- 500 ml milk (2 cups) shopping list
- 60 ml custard powder (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 250 ml cream (1 cup) shopping list
- 5 ml caramel essence (1 teaspoon) shopping list
- 15 ml castor sugar (1 tablespoon, heaped) shopping list
- 15 ml caramel instant pudding (1 tablespoon, heaped) shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 2 or 4 round baking pans.
- The cake will be in four layers, it's up to you how many pans you are gonna use. If you use 2, you will have to cut each one in half.
- Beat the egg yolks, water and sugar until light and fluffy and sugar dissolved.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Sift into wet mixture while folding it in lightly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into mixture.
- Bake at 180 degreesC ( 360 degrees F) for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down totally before dividing the two layers into 2.
- Tip: Use a piece of thread to cut it smoothly.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Make a thick custard from the milk and custard powder.
- Let it cool down.
- Whisk the two mixtures together.
- Put into freezer to totally cool down.
- Beat the cream until stiff.
- Divide in two.
- Stir in caramel essence and castor sugar into one half of the cream.
- Beat the instant pudding into the other half of the cream.
- Put one mixture on one layer of cake, put another layer of cake on top.
- Put the other mixture on the second layer.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating3 people
Mad another marvelous cake thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
How did I miss this one?Although hard work,but I am sure it worth the effort.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This looks great. Wanted to rate it a 5 but small dog on my lap moved the mouse to 4. Sorry!anninsa in MERRIVALE KZN loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!