Hash Brown Potato CasseroleFrom elaina253 7 years ago
- 1 (32 oz) package frozen hash browns, thawed (I hadn't noticed the thawed so it explains why the middle was still frozen the last time I cooked this. A few minutes in the microwave took care of that. So if you forget to thaw the potatoes, bake this a while longer. ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine (real butter really makes them taste good, the hell with cholesterol and trans fats) shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 12 grated cheddar cheese (I guesstimate this, you can't have too much cheese) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (are you getting a theme here?, you can just hear your arteries slam shut while you eat it) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt (moderation in something) shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2 cups crushed crackers (I got tired of crushing crackers so I used plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter (gets better and better) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the all the ingredients except for those in the topping. Spread in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. I used a 2/12 qt. oval casserole and also sprayed it with Pam before using it to prevent sticking. Or you could grease the bottom of the pan or casserole.
- Mix crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle over the potato mixture. Bake 40-45 minutes. Serves 12-14 (in your dreams, this is so good everybody wants more).