Cherry Cheese PieFrom southernbelle8 7 years ago
How to make it
- Using beaters, whip together the softened cream cheese and the powdered sugar until well mixed
- Add the whipped cream and mix with the beaters until fluffy.
- For the pie, just add the cream cheese mixture into the crust. For individual servings, place one 'Nilla wafer into a foil cupcake wrapper and top with a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture. Use the back of the spoon to flatten down.
- Refrigerate covered at least overnight, up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, add the cherry pie filling on top. (it will stain the white cream filling if you add it too far in advance.) For the individual mini-pies, I usually start with 2 cherries per wrapper and then go back and add any extra cherries or "goop" as needed. You can usually get 24 mini-pies out of a can but play around with it - some brands of pie filling have more cherries than others. Believe it or not, the store brand usually has more cherries per can and you can do 3 cherries per mini-pie.
- Serve and enjoy!