Sweet Potatoes and CranberryFrom jena 9 years ago
- * 2 1/2 tablespoons cranberry juice shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallots shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon snipped parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (3 cups) shopping list
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (2 cups) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided shopping list
- 4 strips Nueske's® Applewood smoked bacon (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted, salted pepitas shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in blender.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle in oil until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare two shallow pans for roasting potatoes by covering bottom of pans with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray.
- In one pan, add sweet potatoes tossed with 1 tablespoon canola oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In second pan, add Yukon Gold potatoes tossed with 1 teaspoon canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast in a preheated 425 F oven until potatoes are tender (about 25 minutes for sweet potatoes and 20 minutes for Yukon Gold potatoes).
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels and crumble bacon. When potatoes are tender, spoon into serving bowl and toss with cranberry vinaigrette, bacon, onion, raisins and cranberries.
- Garnish with pepitas. Serve warm.
- Amount: 6 (1-cup) servings