Rice Pudding KHEERFrom kikiman 6 years ago
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup basmati rice shopping list
- 4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. raisins (optional) shopping list
- 2 tsp. cashews and pistachios (optional) shopping list
- 10 to 12 treads of saffron (you may soak them in one teaspoon of milk for two hours) (optional) shopping list
- 3 small pieces green cardamom, crushed with one teaspoon of sugar (If you crush cardamom with sugar, then it is easier to grind and increases flavor and aroma) 1/4cup of sugar (or to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak rice in water for 2 hours.
- Boil milk.
- Add rice to it.
- Boil slowly for 30 minutes or more until the mixture reaches a slightly thick consistency, but you can stir it easily.
- Add sugar and mix it well. Cook for 5 minutes more. It will thicken a little more.
- Put off pan from fire and let it cool. Cooling will increase its thick consistency more.
- Add saffron (which had been soaked in milk), raisins, cashews and pistachios.